Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Stories of children and tacklers from the Tackle world

Friday, February 2, 2018

CARAVAN EXPERIENCES

One Saturday afternoon, a group of us piled onto a bus and began our journey for our first Caravan session. The bus was filled with chatter and a constant buzz of energy. But this was infinitesimal compared to the enthusiasm of the kids we met there. As our bus entered the campus of the their school, all of the children turned their heads and I could see their eyes shining with excitement. They called out to us, to stand next to them, making us feel like we belonged right amidst them.

This tradition never ceased. They were always looking forward to our arrival and their energy was tangible. I made plenty of friends there, though it is difficult to remember all their names. As we played and sang and danced with them, we received more than we gave. We let go of our inhibitions and learned to let our guards down. I only hope that the children have felt the same way too.
The language barrier is a constant struggle for me, but the kids are always ready to play charades with me. It's surprising how well we understand each other with just a few words and actions. But this limits my ability to connect with them on a more intimate level.

When our spirits were low, they picked us up with their candid humour and silly chatter. Their creative juices inspire us to do craft work. I enjoy dancing and it gives me great pleasure to do it every week with those bubbles of energy. On a single day, I am introduced to and play more games than I have known in my entire life

- Crystal John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Your comment will appear on the site shortly.